1. This guy
For the obvious reasons, and also because he does things like bringing home a doctor's lab coat from the Goodwill and offering fictitious recommendations for procedures (like a 'bloatasectomy') because he knows I think it's funny. (That actually happened circa 2006, but I still laugh when I see the picture). I have at least six uninterrupted days to spend with him starting right now, thank goodness.
2. Society 6. They have free shipping through Sunday. If I needed some wall decor I'd be going crazy right now, but since my walls are already cluttered beyond belief, I'll refrain. But check it out - thousands of prints (and other things) by independent artists for an affordable price.
3. This song by 'Of Monsters and Men.' I fell asleep with the TV on the other night, and they came on Jimmy Kimmel and played this song live. I jolted awake with the first note because somehow my unconscious mind recognized the tune and knew I wouldn't want to miss it.
4. The possibility of rain in Arizona in the near future.
5. TeuxDeux. The most intuitive to-do list app out there. It keeps me in check.
|image source: here|
|image source: here|
8. And I'd be lying if I didn't mention these two huge pains-in-the-butt. Here's an awkwardly assembled collage that I think pretty accurately represents them.
9. HelloGiggles. A website by Zooey Deschanel and two of her pals with the most random articles that really, really seem to hit home for me. For example, many references to Gilmore Girls and Dawson's Creek, a weekly pop culture wrap-up, advice on how to buy high-quality make-up without going broke, some recipes, and an item of the day feature.
10. Cut-off jorts. Whatever your opinion on jean shorts, just hear me out. You know those jeans from about six or seven years ago that still fit great and you still love, but the boot-cut/flare is just a little too much to be considered stylish these days? My recommendation is to cut them off a few inches above the knee and then cuff them once. So far I've done this with two pairs of jeans, and it's my new summer uniform. I wear them almost every day when I don't have to go anywhere important or look like a grown-up.
So, that took longer than I thought it would. Off I go to cross some items off my TeuxDeux list.